Monday, November 5, 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012

Hello!

I'm happy to announce that it's officially National Novel Writing Month (affectionately dubbed "NaNoWriMo"). The goal of writers across the globe is to write an entire 50,000 word novel within the 30 days of November.

This is my second year participating in the event. During November of 2011, I wrote a fun "choose your own adventure" story. I had a blast writing it and I succeeded in reaching all of my NaNo goals.

This year, I'm compiling a collection of short stories about pets and animals. So far so good. I'm just a few days in but I've already written a little over 16,000 words. It's another fun project because many of the stories come from first hand experience. I've had animals entire life. I even spent my early childhood living on a small farm in Connecticut. I'm having fun taking a trip down memory lane and writing about all of the goofy, funny, and touching moments with the many pets that I've owned over the years. I even talked my mother into contributing a few of her own stories-- and I'm working on convincing a few other friends and family members into doing the same.

I've tentatively titled the book "Paw Prints." If all goes well, I intend on self publishing it within the next few months. Wish me well!

As always, thanks for taking the time to visit my blog and help support my writing career. I really appreciate the support!

~~ H. S. Contino

No comments:

Post a Comment