Wednesday, November 27, 2013

NaNoWriMo 2013 Update


Hi!

A few weeks ago I wrote a blog post about National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) which takes place every November. I'm happy to announce that for the 3rd year in a row, I succeeded in reaching my NaNoWriMo goal. I wrote over 50,000 words in my new manuscript, a science fiction novel titled "The Surge." Woo-hoo! I'm a winner.

However, the story has taken on a life of it's own. I hit my goal of 50K words, but the story isn't finished yet. So, I continue to plug away at it. It's a work in progress, but I'm happy with what I've written so far. Past experience has taught me that the editing process usually takes twice as long as the initial writing process, so it'll be a while before the book is available for the public to read. But, I'm excited. Writing is all about the practice after all.

Once again, thank you all for continuing to support my writing career. It means a lot to me. Thank you!

Oh, and since tomorrow is the big day, I'd like to take a moment to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving.

~ H. S. Contino, author in training

No comments:

Post a Comment