Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Checking In

Hi,

I just wanted to take a few moments to check in and give everyone a quick update.

First, I'm excited about this Saturday's 3rd Annual Florence Festival of Books. The event is free to the public and the doors open at 10 am. Last year there were around 50 different authors and 2 or 3 publishers. It's a great place to meet and visit with some of your favorite local authors or chat with a publisher about getting your writing published.

I'll have signed copies of my two published books, Shipwrecks of Coos County (Arcadia, 2011) and Paw Prints: A Collection of Pet Stories (Create Space, 2013), available for sale.

I'm also planning on bringing a handful of "test copies" of my latest project. The fictional book is a "choose your own adventure" story. I'll be offering the books at a discounted rate in exchange for feedback. The book was a challenge to write because it's full of choices. The story changes depending on which paths the reader chooses. I'm looking for test readers to go through the book with fresh eyes and help me identify any discrepancies or other issues that I may have missed during the editing process.



If you're interested in becoming a test reader, please e-mail me at H.S.Contino@hotmail.com.

Finally, I've been lining up markets and book festivals for the upcoming holiday season. For now, I'll be attending the Coos Bay Farmers Market on Wednesdays (weather permitting!) from 9 am until 3 pm. I'll also be at the Bandon Old Town Marketplace on Fridays and Saturdays from 10 am until 4 pm. I'll have both my books and handmade crafts at both of these events. I'll continue to update this blog as I schedule events.

Have a great week!

Thank you for your continued support of my writing career,

H. S. Contino

No comments:

Post a Comment