Friday, August 23, 2019

Feedback, Please!



Good morning!

I'd love to have everyone's feedback on something.

I created my online Etsy shop, Reprieve's Corner, back in 2011. Personally, I love the name. Reprieve is my favorite word in the English language. As I explain in my shop's "about" section, my logo is a frog taking shelter under a mushroom during a rain shower. I relate the image to the items in my shop since pretty much everything could be given as a gift. They're like my "little moments of reprieve"-- things to cheer someone up or make them smile. Eventually, like the frog, they're going to have to step back out into life's rain shower; but, hopefully,  the items that I sell will help bring them moments of happiness.

The problem is that I'm finding that most people don't understand my concept and they find the name of my business both confusing and hard to remember.

IMG_3206So, I've been thinking about changing the name of my shop. I'd like something catchy and easy to remember. The hard part is finding something that "fits" since I sell a variety of different products. I'm a published author, so I sell my books-- which, like my crafts, cover a variety of topics. And I sell handmade crafts including jewelry, greeting cards, plush toys, hand painted wooden signs, pictures, and magnets. I also recently started making items out of clay (figurines and jewelry components).

The following are some of possible shop names that I'm considering and my concerns about each one. Please feel free to leave a comment on your favorites or add a new suggestion

Hannah's Handmade (although this doesn't completely fit my books)

Contino's Creations (but, I worry that people will have trouble remembering my last name)

Hannah's Creative Corner (too vague?)

Hannah's Hodgepodge (covers the variety, but I worry that it implies that I'm unorganized)

Hannah's Handmade Gifts

... ?

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment